Monday, September 27, 2010

Made In Chicago: Optimo

A while back, when the weather was cold before, I shared my secret love of my dad's old fedora hats.  I recently learned about Optimo, a Chicago brand that makes hats by hand.  They understand the importance of craftsmanship, of handmade goods, and sharing it with the world. 


I'm not sure if it's just my fascination with luxury contemporary menswear, but it seems like the guys labels are really working hard to produce smart, individually crafted, classically branded, American produced goods that will last a  lifetime (or 2 or 3).

We've seen so much digital and production innovation in the past years, and I'm sure efficiency innovation is off the charts.  However, I'm so happy that brands and consumers are taking to product innovation and evolving to appreciate the art of apparel, and the story that has built it.

Handmade luxury is the new status symbol. There. I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment