Friday, April 23, 2010

Try It On: Socks & Sandals

I'm not sure about anywhere else, but the temperature in these parts is still quite in-between. I guess the technical term for that is Spring.  The thing about it is that I'm so torn- I really want to wear dresses and cute summer shoes, but it's just a bit too cold.

via
You've probably seen the whole socks and heels things around for the past couple of years, but it seems to be popping up everywhere lately.  It's one of those incredibly functional things that I'm happy hasn't quite caught on, because when I walk down the street like this, it still feels fresh.

via
I urge you to give it a go and try it on.  Here are the styling rules:
  • Do use sky-high, platform shoes, ideally with cutaway detailing.
  • Typically socks with a thin weave. Chunky trouser socks are ok, but they need to look & feel luxurious. Are cashmere socks overkill?
  • Let the mid-length socks fall a little down the leg- this isn't "Clueless"
  • Avoid prints, colors are more than fine
  • Style with cropped trousers or with above-the-knee hemlines

No comments:

Post a Comment