Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Sun Ray Yellow

Instead of a tutorial today, I wanted to share a project I mentioned about a week or two ago for my living room. I've been drooling over some really impressive furniture rehabs that others create and share for the rest of us out here in Bloglandia. So here's my humble before & after.

Before

What you miss in this meager pictorial is the plastic tarps covering my entire living room. It was so very attractive.

After
Thrifted cabinet. Behr paint in "Sun Ray". Knobs from Anthro.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! Makes me want to make one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on Angela's comment! And tell us more about that adorable chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! And currently I'm obsessed with anything yellow or gray, so this is right up my alley. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Angela thanks so much for the nice words!

    @Gaby The chair was my first attempt and upholstery and it was somewhat successful. It looks nice, but is becoming less functional as time goes on. Lessons learned by a DIY-er...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jess Thanks! I was so nervous when I started on the first coat of paint for 2 reasons:

    1. I felt like I was destroying some vintage masterpiece by painting wood (taboo in my eyes until recently!)
    2. The color while wet was a disaster.

    I'm happy I got worked up the nerve and later sat tight until the paint dried :)

    ReplyDelete