2 holiday related posts in a row. Wow and sorry for those of you who have the same sentiments I shared yesterday about the drawn out season. The thing is... I had this idea.
You know how during the holiday season, you have a few select events, dinners, parties, etc to attend and the following happens:
1. You are invited to an event and have about 1-2 frantic weeks to get the logistics together.
2. You don't know what to wear, and you try to grill everyone on what the scene is like.
3. You spend a little longer than you hoped looking for something to wear that you only feel so-so about... then you look at the price tag. Let's just assume we know the feeling at that point.
4. You decide on something that both fits the budget and you can hopefully love in the future.
5. You wear it. Everyone loves it. Loads of pictures are tagged of you on facebook in it.
6. You can't really see yourself wearing it again with a clear sartorial (and fb tag) conscience.
7. You have a love/hate relationship with a really great dress that will hang in your closet, never to see the light of day ever again.
So here's what I propose: borrow it.
I know, not so genius. However, services like Wear Today, Gone Tomorrow offer you the chance to rent a really beautiful dress that is so appropriately right now, and at prices somewhere around 5%-10% of retail. Hello, affordable yet totally outside of my typical dress comfort zone 3.1 Phillip Lim dress made of pure bliss.
So you can count on the fact that if I show up in a really stunning dress on NYE (and Christmas Eve, and Christmas day, and the beau's office party)... chances are, it will be sent back in the little pre-paid envelope a few days later. No buyers' remorse. No ramen for 2 weeks. Just (really cute) memories of moments past.