Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicago-centric: Lillstreet Art Center

Blogging has opened up my eyes to the vast world of tremendously crafty and inspirational people out there. When I was catching up on my daily blog reading (really, I have to divide into a few smaller chunks of time per day because of my OCD nature when it comes to my Google Reader), I was so inspired by the sunprints on Design*Sponge. It made me want to expand my technical skill into other art mediums... so I Yelp'd for a while and this is what I found:

Lillstreet Art Center

They have adult classes ranging from textiles and figure painting (both right up my alley), to glass-blowing and silk screening. The best part: the prices aren't so outrageous and the vibe is pretty low key. As I'm still new to Chicago, I'm looking forward to meeting people with similar interests and learn a few things along the way.



It turns out I missed the fall session start dates by a few weeks, but hopefully I can drop in the studio for a few sessions and learn a few things. I can't wait to get into a real studio and get my hands dirty with others again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel -
    There's actually a second wave of 5-week fall classes that starts up again next week, so you could still register for one of those if you want! Lots of First-Time Artist classes and topic-focused classes within each of our 6 departments.
    One clarification: we don't have glass blowing, but we do have lots of glass bead, small sculpture, and fusion classes.
    Thanks for the lovely posting!
    - Jane
    (Lillstreet marketing director)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your note! I don't know where I pulled glass blowing from (maybe wishful thinking haha).

    I noticed the 5 and 10 week classes while on the site when I was perusing. My heart is set on a 10-weeker, but who knows...

    Looking forward to spending some time down at Lillstreet :)

    ReplyDelete