Friday, September 11, 2009

Caught on the Web

I'm not sure if this is something that is widely popular and I'm just late or I'm more hip than most. I'm guessing the prior...

There's a new online retailer with a twist, and it's called Exuve. I know, I know. It seems like every online retailer has to have some kind of twist, gimmick, interactive something-or-other to even stay competitive these days. But this! This is pretty interesting.


Designers (classically trained, educated, pretenders, bloggers, whatever) are able to upload their ideas for a piece or a look including their inspiration. The online community votes. Winners get the look produced.

Plus up to $500 for your design. Not too shabby if you have no plans of producing the goods for your own collection or whatever else. Plus, mom will be proud and your bragging rights for the week will be well-earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment