Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Trend For the People: Oxford Shoes

While walking around Chicago on Tuesday, I noticed that number of people were wearing oxfords in the most interesting and unexpected ways. Hipsters, label whores, students, suits, waitresses, you name it. One girl (that I awkwardly creeped on from across the street) paired her canary yellow oxfords with a bright, floral maxi dress. I know, I know, it sounds a like only a certain kind of person can pull it off. But this girl, she made me a believer in the look.


Oxfords have been on the rise in the past year or so, but the upcoming season will be their time to shine for both men and women.


I've already picked these lovelies up while in Italy to be worn with skinny jeans and a top that is over sized and/or luxuriously drapey. Maybe even a well tailored skirt or two as well.

Those of the heeled bootie variety will be versatile enough to go to the office and do overtime during an evening out.
1.Pour La Victoire 2.Frye 3.Kate Spade 4.Ginita 5.Tory Burch


And a few more that have caught my eye:
1. Frye 2.Joy & Alexandre Herchcovitch 3.Gaspard Yurkievich 4.PLV by Pour La Victoire 5.Jonathan Kelsey 6.Elizabeth and James

No comments:

Post a Comment