Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Boots - Making Them Lovely

I'm usually not one to look to celebrities for style inspiration [um, openly]. But lately I've been so impressed by the way Alexa Chung can piece together an outfit and have that barely-trying-but-spot-on thing going on. It's the kind of look that's a little nerdy, a little rocker, and appropriately off-beat.


As the new daytime talk show host on MTV, today Alexa sported a look that I've been a fan of for a few summers now: the summertime short boot. I know this seems a bit like an oxymoron, but when paired with a girly dress or with shorts and a more flowing top, it really is the kind of juxtaposition that I need sometimes.


ShopBop currently has a styling guide for this look with jersey dresses and short cowboy boots.


The key: shorter boots, short-ish hem lines, and contrasting textures.


With some well-chosen layers, this look will transition well into the cooler months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment