Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Live Work Space: A tale of love and hate



I've been thinking about apartments, space, and the lifestyle of the entrepreneur a lot lately. My last space was an outrageously huge live work loft that I shared with a collection of folks that had nothing to do with the work I do. Twas awesome.

Then the day came when I had to find a new place to live, and possibly a separate place to work. Being a designer with a lot of materials and equipment to accommodate in a space, and being on a lean budget at all times to fund my crazy ideas, I found myself having to prioritize what I want in a space. Things like space, would be traded for flashy appliances; smaller work space traded for a separate work space complete with a door to close it all off at the end of the day.

I share this video with you because when I watched it, no matter how cool or ridiculous the spaces I've been considering are, I realize that the compromise could be like the above video. And even then, there's a way to be happy with what you've got.

And being happy satisfied with the space we're in for us work-from-homers is a very important thing. < -- More on this in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment