Monday, August 9, 2010

Behind the Scenes: WNBA, Shay Murphy, and other pretty little things

Lately I've been mentioning a project I'm working on with the help of the WNBA team, Chicago Sky.  In order to support women's cancer awareness, I was among a handful of designers to participate in designing evening wear for the athletes.


With the charity of choice being A Silver Lining Foundation, we were charged with designing a silver themed evening gown.



All the athletes were great sports, getting dolled up and for a great cause.


 I was paired with the newest addition to the team, Shay Murphy.  She just arrived in Chicago a couple of weeks ago, by way of her last WNBA team in Indianapolis.


The one of a kind dress I designed for Shay, along with all other silver themed dresses from the event, is being auctioned off by the Chicago Sky to benefit A Silver Lining Foundation. 


If you'd like to get your hands on it- send me a note, and I'll put you in contact with the right people (but move fast!)


I'll hanging out at the next Chicago Sky game again tomorrow meeting fans, so if you're in the area and want to meet the rest of the designers and see the dresses and the final images from the shoot in person, come out and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment