Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Film Bliss: Schmatta

2 things that I really can't get enough of are the fashion industry and documentaries. HBO really hit the nail on the head with their newest documentary film, Schmatta: Rags to Riches to Rags Again. I hear it just premiered this week, and while I don't get HBO to my apartment, I'm diligently looking for a way to see the film. It discusses, among other things, director Marc Levin's take on New York City's Garment District and the unfortunate downward spiral its been experiencing for some time now.

It talks about the good:


And the bad:



Have you seen it? No spoilers please, but is it incredible... or merely a little meh?

PS: For those of you who don't know what "schmatta" is... it translates to "rags" in Yiddish. Don't worry... I, too, had to google it as my Yiddish is a little rusty these days ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment